French Medical Biologists' Syndicate
The French Biologists' Syndicate is the main professional association for directors of French Clinical Laboratories, gathering over a 1 000 laboratories in France and representing 1 500 million euros of income.
It is a major stakeholder for public health authorities
The SDB aims at:
• defending the quality medical biology practitioner, in the face of a potential drift toward industrialism;
• assessing and improving continuously the quality of all French medical laboratories through Bio Qualité in realistic time periods;
• promoting the in-service education and training of medical biologists;
• defending the code of ethics and standards of professional conduct;
• pursuing the long term interests of the profession and not corporatism and demagogy;
• entering into dialogue with the authorities and health insurance funds through a conventional policy;
• showing constant concern for the equal access to healthcare for all, taking current social issues largely into account;
• improving the work conditions and pay of colleagues and laboratory employees;
• having recognised the major role played by the lab specialist in primary care.
JIB - annual event
The JIB, were known as the Journées de l’Association des Pharmaciens Directeurs de Laboratoires d’Analyses Médicales at the time they were created. Under the impetus of the SDB, they have become a benchmark exhibition and conference devoted to laboratory medicine in France, Europe and Francophone countries.
The JIB gathers all the key players in laboratory medicine throughout France, French speaking countries and Europe (independent medical biologists, hospital biologists, manufacturers, professional associations, research workers, technicians…) and makes it possible to follow the technological, scientific and organisational development of the profession year after year.
In addition to the high-level scientific sessions, the Syndicat des Biologistes offers each year workshops and roundtable discussions covering the news and major trends of the profession.